All the way to a cannery!

SNJM Memory Lane

In connection with the garden, the SNJM are building a cannery. This area is used for canning crops. It is an impressive place for all newcomers. It was operational until 1952.

The vast garden was no longer maintained by the nuns after 1979. When the convent changed its vocation to become the headquarters of the congregation’s general administration in 1984, a few nuns nevertheless resumed the small-scale cultivation of vegetables and flowers.