1925 – Hochelaga’s Mother House moves to Outremont

It was on November 23, 1925 that the SNJM’s second Mother House (Hochelaga 1860-1925) was moved to Outremont (1925-2005).

In addition to the areas reserved for community life, this third Mother House had space allocated to academic fields. Among others, it housed the Office of Studies, the Collège Jésus-Marie’s classical course (between 1925 and 1959), the Institute of Family Pedagogy (between 1942 and 1959) and classes at Mont Jésus-Marie (between 1925 and 2005).

The Outremont Mother House has welcomed thousands of students throughout these years.