Location : Café on the Heritage University campus outside Toppenish, Washington.
Reports to : The Manager of the Heritage University Café and Dining Hall
Lenght of appointment : The Volunteer will serve for a minimum period of three months and longer if desired.
Time commitment : 20 hours per week
Heritage University is a four-year and master's degree University in a low-income region serving a commuter student body. The Café and Dining Hall provides a variety of low-cost healthy foods for students throughout the day and early evening. Its mission is to provide adequate nutrition in a healthy and welcoming environment for students who are juggling families, jobs, and education.
The Kitchen Volunteer's major duties are:
- Providing customer service in the most positive manner for students, staff, and faculty who use the Café / Dining Hall
- Assisting other kitchen employees to keep a team spirit of cooperation
- Stocking items needed to maintain the kitchen's menu for meals
- Washing dishes
- Maintaining the cleanliness of tables, counters, refrigerators, stoves, sinks, microwaves, and floors in kitchen & café
- Preparing food under the direction of the Manager
- Staffing the cash register.
Experience in food preparation or food service
Lifting of heavy pots & boxes. Standing for extended periods.
Optional: experience with retail sales
On-the-job orientation. Aprons, gloves, other required clothing on the job. Guidance & help to get Food Handlers License from local Health Agency. Experience in food preparation or food service.