Location : Donald K.C. North library on the campus of Heritage University outside Toppenish, Washington.
Reports to : Library Director
Lenght of appointment: four months
Time commitment : 20 hours per week
The Library volunteer will work with students and staff to help students meet the informational and educational needs of the university and local community. They will help maintain collections of print material and electronic products and support all areas of the university curriculum to facilitate the development of research skills for students and to contribute to the cultural enrichment of the Heritage community.
The Library Volunteer's major duties are:
- To assist staff in the circulation of materials including processing, shelving, circulating books and shelf reading the stacks
- To assist in keeping the library a clean and orderly workspace
- To perform some data entry including setting up student accounts, circulation records and gate counts as needed
- To assist students with research and/or direct them to library staff for assistance
- To assist with any special library projects as needed.
Bachelor degree and/or experience working in an academic library preferred. Experience working in a team setting.
An orientation will be scheduled at the beginning of the stay, where the necessary training will be provided. The Library Director and staff will be available on an ongoing basis to answer questions and provide other assistance as needed to ensure a successful volunteer experience.