Location : 23 Saint Joseph Street, Beauharnois, Quebec, Canada
Report to : Executive Director
Lenght of appointment : 3 months
Time commitment : From May to September - 30 hours weekly.
To introduce the children to organic farming by creating and maintaining a kitchen garden and enabling them to discover the tastes of vegetables that they have grown themselves.
- Design an educational kitchen garden;
- Plant flowers and prune trees;
- Plant vegetables in the organic garden with the children;
- Maintain, weed, water and teach the children how to garden;
- Oversee the harvest and the distribution of produce among the children.
Have experience with organic farming
Know how to teach children how to farm
Be in good health as the work is quite physical
An orientation session will be scheduled at the beginning of the stay, where the philosophy, planning, organization and implementation of the main programs will be communicated. In addition, attendance at other meetings is desirable.