Guided Tour - Historical Sites
Our well-preserved historical sites remain for us a precious treasure which we love to share with the public.
- The Foundation House, (formerly located on the banks of the Saint Lawrence River, facing the Church of Saint-Antoine-de-Padoue) moved to the convent grounds in 1959;
- the Old Convent, the first boarding school which became the Congregational House (headquarters) after the students left in 1982;
- the convent Chapel which was blessed in 1847;
- Mother Marie-Rose's bedroom and office;
- the Chapter Room, where Council meetings were held and where important decisions were made;
- the museum with its mural depicting the geographical locations of our beginnings;
artifacts recalling the foundress and her first collaborators:
Mélodie Dufresne (Marie-Agnès),
Henriette Céré (Marie-Madeleine),
Hedwidge Davignon (Véronique-du-Crucifix)
and Salomé Martin (Thérèse-de Jésus).
- The tomb of Mother Marie-Rose in the Marie-Rose Chapel at the Cocathedral of Longueuil
Guided visits are offered by reservation. See the website for details.
The personnel from Marie-Rose Center will respond to requests from the public (information, documentation, pictures, prayers, etc.)